Monday, December 26, 2011

What a year!!

It's hard to believe 2011 is almost over...the farm is doing well! We have another thirty trees coming in a couple of weeks; it'll be good to get them in the ground before the heavy rains make it too muddy! The cider is coming along nicely--it's still very young and hasn't developed full flavors yet, but has a lot of potential. I'm already looking forward to next year's ferment with some ideas to try! Finally the licensing is almost done so we'll be able to sell some of next year's batch! Plan to bring your "growlers" for refills!
We also ended up with some really nice pears!! I made the mistake of putting them all in the walk-in with the apples, so they ripened all at once... fortunately Lou was able to help me peel them and I canned four dozen jars. I put in part of a vanilla bean in each jar when I packed in the pears and they turned out so delicious!! I'll be sure to share them with all our guests...
I hope everyone has the best new year ever!! I'm looking forward to welcoming all our old friends back to the farm, and adding new friends as well. Cheers!!